MEETING WITH MICHAEL NYMAN
Michael Nyman in Geneva Wednesday, November 9, 2011
FESTIVAL "CINEMA TOUS ECRANS" 2011
Your booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
An exceptional meeting with Michael Nyman, who will present his music and his own films -Swiss Premiere - as a part of the festival "Cinema Tous Ecrans 2011" and the partnership of UFMC Switzerland for the musical section of the festival.
A meeting place for film buffs and music lovers!
Information and registration: email@example.com
- Free tickets and reserved seats for UFMC members
- Link to the festival: www.cinema tous ecrans.ch
1. Cine Opera: public meeting with Mr. Nyman + extracts and presentation of his work
2. Nyman in Progress: documentary film about Mr. Nyman
3. Nyman with a Movie Camera: 20 years of images (re) views of the author.
1 - Cine Opera
9 Wednesday, 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Uptown
With the presence of Michael Nyman
- Simultaneous translation (French-English / English-French)
- Stéphane KIRSCHER (UFMC president, composer, sound designer and sound designer RTS)
- Luc Debraine (L'Hebdo journalist and lecturer at the Academy of Journalism and Media at the University of Neuchâtel)
Michael Nyman, composer of a rich and varied musical repertoire, also known for composing the the music of films like "The Draughtsman's English", "Drowning by Numbers," "The Hairdresser's Husband" " Piano "(Palme d'Or at Cannes Festival in 1993)," Gattaca "," 24 Life of a Woman "and so on. .
Also created for live performances (operas, ballets, concertos) this English artist is also a photographer and videographer.
Man of music and image, discover in his presence, his work with visual and audio "Cine Opera."
2 - Nyman in Progress
Silvia Beck • Swiss Premiere
Sunday 6, 20.45, Grütli Langlois
Thursday 10, 10:30, Simon Grütli
As a composer of film music, Michael Nyman has touched a worldwide audience. Nyman in Progress offers us unprecedented access to one of the leading composers of our time by presenting his diversity and creative energy. Witnessing the development of his visual work from the first moments of inspiration, the film gives us a unique insight Nyman, his vision, his work, his thoughts and emotions.
3 - Nyman With A Movie Camera
Michael Nyman • Swiss Premiere
K, 2010, 64 ', no dialogue
Tuesday 8, 16.30, Function: Cinema
Wednesday 9, 17:00, Uptown - Rive
Nyman with a Movie Camera, designed by Michael Nyman, presents an emblematic reconstruction of the film of Dziga Vertov, "The Man with the camera." The film places the original footage with the personal archives of Michael Nyman shot on twenty years.