A SECOND PILLAR FOR THE COMPOSERS
The Second Pillar for film music composers and UFMC members, signed with VFA-FPA Contingency Foundation, is now operational!
Here are the official information documents of the VFA-FPA contingency foundation for your second pillar, that you can download here:
WHY A SECOND PILLAR ?
In our profession of film music composer, we all are particular cases.
Some of us work 100%, others 50%, and others hold concurrently the work in studio and the stage, etc.
Because of this disparity of cases and the irregularity of our terms of office, the Swiss contingency funds didn't offer, until now, interesting alternatives to composers, because most of the "solutions" were mainly thought for the salaried workers, the civil servants ...
Convinced that the composers should have the right, them too, to be able to prepare their retirement, the UFMC committee has initiated the project of a Second Pillar specially adapted to our profession in 2009. This one succeeded in spring 2011.
We really want to congratulate the work of our fellow member Ivan Masha-Kûnzli, composer and UFMC representative in German-speaking Switzerland. We warmly thank him for his help, without which the Second Pillar would still remain today a draft and not a reality.
Likewise, we would like to thank Mrs Karine Vollrath, VFA-FPA secretary, who has advised and guided us to the agreement which was signed between VFA-FPA and UFMC, during the last meeting of the VFA-FPA foundation council, at the beginning of july 2011.
Dear friends composers, all you have to do now is pick up your phone or write to the VFA-FPA secretarial department, so as to be informed of your possibilities and open your Second Pillar.
- The more elements and details about your activities you provide to the VFA-FPA secretarial department, the more we are in a position to find the best solution adapted to your particular situation.
- The faster you initiate your Second Pillar, the faster your contingency fund will start up and be operational.
- In the calculation of your work rates and according to the answers of VFA-FPA, you may affect the cost of your Second Pillar and justify it.
Before you get in touch with the VFA-FPA secretarial department, take a moment to list on a piece of paper your various information:
- your civil and social status (address and phone number, age ,nationality, married or single, dependent children, insurances, etc.)
- your present professional status in a typical year, which means, the detail of your activities (work of all kinds, typical clients, annual frequency, etc.)
- your annual income (average).
- your fixed expenses and professional costs (audiovisual equipment, travelling, other things)
- and finally, write down your possible questions and classify them by theme, as the four chapters above.
There you are ready!
Don't hesitate to share with us your steps to VFA-FPA. They will allow us to improve , at once, this partnership and to picture together future developments. Contact us at -> email@example.com
Union of Film Music Composers